Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? If this sounds like you, there’s still hope.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, being able to work with someone who can help with both the symptoms and the core problems, can be especially important.
The symptoms of anxiety can include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears and to look at situations in a new, less frightening way. We can also work on helping you develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today to see how we might work together.